Wrongful Forclosure

I have received a complaint for foreclosure, what’s next?

     If you’ve received a complaint for foreclosure in Albuquerque, Corrales, or  Santa Fe New Mexico, you are not alone. Before giving into the feelings of overwhelm and stress, take some time to familiarize yourself with the next steps in a judicial foreclosure proceeding. If you’ve received a summons and complaint for foreclosure, it’s important to know that there are procedural or legal rules to the process of foreclosure in New Mexico.

     Once served with a complaint, you have 30 days to file a response or answer. The Plaintiff, or the person who served the complaint to you, is usually your lender. As New Mexico is a judicial foreclosure state, your lender cannot take your home or property without going through the court. A “judicial foreclosure” state means our state has extra protections for homeowners and property owners. A lender cannot just take away your home or property if you’ve missed payments or if your lender has asked you to stop making mortgage payments. Real estate transactions and foreclosure are a complex area of New Mexico law. Higgins Law is Albuquerque’s premiere Foreclosure Attorney. If you’ve been served with a complaint for foreclosure in Albuquerque, Corrales, or Santa Fe, you need a lawyer that is experienced and knowledgeable to review your mortgage paperwork and complaint for foreclosure, so that you know the options that are available to you. Hiring an Albuquerque foreclosure attorney for a foreclosure lawsuit in New Mexico may be the best option, but it is not the only option. Call 505-944-5400 today to review the best options for you given the specific facts of your Albuquerque, Corrales, or Santa Fe foreclosure case.