At The Law Office of John Frank Higgins, I handle New Mexico personal injury and New Mexico wrongful death cases and I do so on a contingency basis. Losing a loved one is devastating. My office acknowledges the importance of having your story heard; we also know that injuries or a loss of a family member can change your life dramatically in the blink of an eye. The last thing you need to worry about is where money is going to come from. Luckily our office has adopted a way that we can take a case on your behalf, and our fees will be covered by the insurance company at the end. Many people can not afford to take on a big lawsuit by paying out of pocket, so the contingency fee agreement setup is the only way to seek justice. It also means I only get paid if I win. That’s a lot of pressure on me so you don’t have to worry, as I know that you have enough to handle on your own if you have a New Mexico wrongful death or New Mexico personal injury lawsuit to deal with. Email me at [email protected] if you have questions about fee arrangements.
My office does not charge a consultation fee for this type of case. A lot of people want to know what types of charges are typical with New Mexico cases.
Below are some examples of these types of expenses that may be incurred in your case:
- Costs of obtaining New Mexico accident reports
- Costs of obtaining medical records and imaging studies (x-rays, CT scans, etc.)
- Fees charged by doctors or other experts for consultation or reports
- Copying costs
- Postage and shipping charges
- Mileage charges
In the vast majority of cases, the pre-litigation expenses are generally pretty low. The exceptions to the general rule are health care liability (medical malpractice) and product liability cases. It is important however, that you have your own health insurance as this will make your life easier if something happens.
- Fees charged by New Mexico court reporters for depositions and hearings
- Fees charged by New Mexico videographers for inspections and depositions
- Fees charged by medical illustrators and other exhibit companies
- Costs of asset searches
- Fees for New Mexico private investigators and New Mexico process servers
- New Mexico Court costs
- Travel expenses for depositions and/or trial
- Expert witness
Litigation expenses can be high. I can give you an estimate of what I think those expenses will be in your case. I will let you know upfront if I think your case is something I can help you with or if I think it’s something you should pursue.
If you would like to discuss a potential personal injury or wrongful death case with me, you can email me directly at [email protected]or call me anytime at 615-496-1127to schedule an appointment.